One-Pot Fentanyl Synthesis

mp_

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
WARNING: Fentanyl is extremely dangerous. Do NOT ATTEMPT this synthesis without naloxone present!
DISCLAIMER: This method does not produce high purify fentanyl (avg. is 13.6%, range 0.2% to 36.4%)

The original paper talking about this procedure can be found here.

Fentanyl is a very powerful opioid, much more powerful than both morphine and heroin.
CxRdEjuhYT

The procedure listed below is a one-pot synthesis. It is attractive to the clandestine chemist due to it's possibility to be done in 3 steps all at room temperature. The only caveat is the requirement of N₂ gas.

The reaction scheme is shown below:
LTwgueyt0D

To a stirred suspension of 4-piperidone hydrochloride (15.36 g, 0.1 mol) in dichloroethane (450 ml), triethylamine (27.87 ml, 0.2 mol) and phenylacetaldehyde (11.17 ml, 0.1 mol) were added and stirred for half an hour at room temperature under N2. Thereafter sodium triacetoxyborohydride (30 g, 0.14 mol) was added to the reaction mixture with continuous stirring. Reaction mixture was further stirred for 24 h. Aniline (9.12 ml, 0.1 mol), acetic acid (11.53 ml, 0.2 mol) and sodium triacetoxyborohydride (30 g, 0.14 mol) were then added and again stirred for 24 h. Propionyl chloride (26.16 ml, 0.3 mol) was then added dropwise and the mixture was stirred for 2 h. The reaction mixture was then diluted with dichloromethane and washed with 4% aqueous sodium hydroxide solution followed by water. The organic phase was then shaken with 2N HCl. The organic layer was separated and the aqueous layer was extracted with DCM. Combined organic phase was dried over sodium sulfate and concentrated to give crude HCl salt of fentanyl. Crude product was recrystallised with acetone to give white powder of fentanyl hydrochloride. The salt was treated with 20% NaOH to give fentanyl which was recrystallised from petroleum ether (60–80°)

Yield: 13.44 g (40 %)
m.p. 82–83 °C.

Literature
The paper on synthesis of fentanyl in this manner can be found here.

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
This is a transcript of the procedure from the Indian paper, it only sound's a bit off at the final A/B extractions

darknet-princess

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
sweet

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
darknet-princessas sweet as an artificial sweetener gets, just a bit more than required and things go really bitter... I'm not saying this synthesis is impossible but someone with good credit and in position should perhaps verify this. This should maybe tried out first starting from benzaldehyde so that the product is not thah
t much of a threat (honestly idk wether benzyl substitution on 1-N-piperidine ring of fent is active or not but that was my point)

madmaximus

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
petroleum ether (60–80°)
mp_This is the temperature that it need to bet on the heater to boil or the petroleum ether boil specification 60-80C*? Can be used Petroleum ether 40-60C*?

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The synthesis is supposed to work, at least some forensic paper says so, but they also say that 10 to 15% yield are what can be expected in the best case. Worst case is nada. And it is impossible to troubleshoot for anybody who has not the knowledge and those pick a better way anyways.

Problems come from Phenylacetaldehyde which is prone to condense with anything around including itself and with 4-piperidone which also loves to react with its own kind whats the scourge of most Fentanyl synths. For this reason the piperidone is often sold with one of the reactive groups, either the carbonyl or the amine protected.

Also plain Fentanyl is a crap drug for recreational use, there are derivates which have a far better activity profile with virtually the same synthetic pathway.
And there is the Carfentanyl class, but thats to close to WMDs and I would not want to wander into this area as its not police anymore who is coming after you and as much as I would like to visit Cuba it is not Guantanamo Bay I want to see.

middlemaneu

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I agree about plain Fentanyl not being the best (or rather boring, still, way better than any zenes) for recreational usage.
The countless Fentalogues that came out during the golden age, for the big part of them there is no real detailed info/data, chinese was tossing one analogue after another, and it happened often they sold an analogue using another name, and all of sudden this was the best-seller analogue, sold with the same name from different manufacturers, therefore so many different opinion for the "same" analogue.

The analogues that are known as approx. potency and recreational effects are not many - if the goal is having a properly recreational and safe analogue, Acetyl-F is definitely the right one. approx. 15x morphine potency and entertaining. If you don't have issues with short acting ones, Furanyl-F is probably the best one if you seek an instant physical warm well-being, approx 25x morphine potency.

MAF / 3-MF are probably others with decent data available, but here the potency start to be kinda wild. On a side node, being true CF and one of its analogue I can't recall now the exact name were really in the top of euphoric ones, P. Janssen left on his scaffold some interesting information regarding CF Ester having a much lower potency (100x approx the weakest one) and potential recreational effects with high euphoria.

Said this, only nostalgia is left - with the paranoia of DNMs even forbidding the sale of pharmaceutical products based on Fentanyl (Fenta patches), but allowing "china white" or "synthetic heroin" with description "strong mix of opioid be careful" without any dosage information at all - great harm prevention campaign indeed for people with severe chronic pain and got their scripts revoked since any doctor is scared to end up in jail by signing any script. And the Mexican cartel with the most-cheap-yet-strongest-for-huge-gains-cutting-but-totally-boring-ones like 4F-Fent / 4C-Fen and with lot of synth leftovers just left inside (reading the several lab reports and see they tossed even some other random drugs..is simply disgusting) - shows clearly this Era ended since long, and what came after IMO will just unleash another hell, when Zenes will be gone too, someday.

Katty Korner

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I agree about plain Fentanyl not being the best (or rather boring, still, way better than any zenes) for recreational usage.
The countless Fentalogues that came out during the golden age, for the big part of them there is no real detailed info/data, chinese was tossing one analogue after another, and it happened often they sold an analogue using another name, and all of sudden this was the best-seller analogue, sold with the same name from different manufacturers, therefore so many different opinion for the "same" analogue.

The analogues that are known as approx. potency and recreational effects are not many - if the goal is having a properly recreational and safe analogue, Acetyl-F is definitely the right one. approx. 15x morphine potency and entertaining. If you don't have issues with short acting ones, Furanyl-F is probably the best one if you seek an instant physical warm well-being, approx 25x morphine potency.

MAF / 3-MF are probably others with decent data available, but here the potency start to be kinda wild. On a side node, being true CF and one of its analogue I can't recall now the exact name were really in the top of euphoric ones, P. Janssen left on his scaffold some interesting information regarding CF Ester having a much lower potency (100x approx the weakest one) and potential recreational effects with high euphoria.

Said this, only nostalgia is left - with the paranoia of DNMs even forbidding the sale of pharmaceutical products based on Fentanyl (Fenta patches), but allowing "china white" or "synthetic heroin" with description "strong mix of opioid be careful" without any dosage information at all - great harm prevention campaign indeed for people with severe chronic pain and got their scripts revoked since any doctor is scared to end up in jail by signing any script. And the Mexican cartel with the most-cheap-yet-strongest-for-huge-gains-cutting-but-totally-boring-ones like 4F-Fent / 4C-Fen and with lot of synth leftovers just left inside (reading the several lab reports and see they tossed even some other random drugs..is simply disgusting) - shows clearly this Era ended since long, and what came after IMO will just unleash another hell, when Zenes will be gone too, someday.
middlemaneuAny opinion on (if it can exist) 3 methyl alpha methyl acetyl fentanyl? Should have longer legs thanks to the alpha methyl 3 gives loooots of potency, and the acetyl group knocks the potency to a more reasonable range, as does the alpha methyl group.

heard that 3 methyl fent is supposed to be a relatively euphoric fentalogue, so I was hoping this would be possible

middlemaneu

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Any opinion on (if it can exist) 3 methyl alpha methyl acetyl fentanyl? Should have longer legs thanks to the alpha methyl 3 gives loooots of potency, and the acetyl group knocks the potency to a more reasonable range, as does the alpha methyl group.

heard that 3 methyl fent is supposed to be a relatively euphoric fentalogue, so I was hoping this would be possible
Katty KornerSadly I lack chemistry/pharmacology background. I'm like a lost fish in the ocean ;) Having a IRL job requiring constantly to evolve leave me very little time to learn in-depth a totally different topic.
But, I do my best to keep people connected and support exchange of information for an optimal synergy and successful researches.

I've few papers related to your question, if you need 'em PM me. Check out those articles containing the most relevant intel as well:

"Fentanyl-related compounds and derivatives: Current status and future prospects for pharmaceutical applications" by Ruben S. Vardanyan and Victor J. Hruby."

"Studies on synthesis and relationship between analgesic activity and receptor affinity for 3-methyl fentanyl derivatives.
Jin WQ, Xu H, Zhu YC, Fang SN, Xia XL, Huang ZM, Ge BL, Chi ZQ., Sci Sin. 1981 May;24(5):710-20.
Medline (PMID=6264594)"

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The synthesis and preliminary pharmacological evaluation of the racemic cis and trans 3-alkylfentanyl analogues
Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. 69 (7): 511–26. (2004) doi:10.2298/JSC0407511

Great article, lots of useful bits and pieces. Straight from Wikipedia btw.

I want to add a caveat (be careful) regarding F synths in special and drug synths in general as they can be found in scientific articles. Guys, those people are not completely daft if if they are the publishers of the journals are not. You will not find a well working easy synthesis of drugs there even if it looks like it. Those articles (except those where special equipment or reagents are needed) are all booby-trapped with misinformation which is supposed to be obvious to other scientists but not to the person who just wants a recipe for cooking drugs. Well, in reality most of the other scientists don't see those traps but well, thats probably a second purpose.
Some examples:
The Leuckart and making Amphetamine with it is old, so very old but already in 1944 they just left this out or just lied about it really works in special about the hydrolysis step.
All the F synths staring with the piperidone which is reacted to NPP in one way or another, all talking 90% yield and up and everybody who tries it gets some hard resin instead? Thats done on purpose, it is obvious that piperidone if not protected will just react with itself as it has a ketone and an amine group. The only synths they mention with protected piperidone is the benzylated kind which needs Pd/C for deprotection. Also be aware that many Indian articles are just made up stuff to give them a reason to pretend they have a own synthetic pathway to certain drugs as thats whet they need to copy those by Indian patent law.
Super easy Ketamine synths from China. First the Chinese are exaggerating yields like nobody else, for some reason the just MUST do it. And they often publsih upscale methods, whats nice if they were not a little bit missing to really work. As those synths are worth real money in production its more advertisement where they say "we have something great - contact us to make a deal for the real optimized method". Often. Not always.
Ephedrine Biosynth from Sydney University Australia. Those guys even admitted in an interview that they designed their publications and patents in a way nobody without very special knowledge can make ephedrine using those. THey even boasted in an interview how they fooled somebody who contacted them for help in the matter and finally turned him in to the police but not before they made him start and get far enough to cop a really serious sentence. They were actually proud the assholes.

Goes on and on.

Just a reminder.

testint

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The synthesis and preliminary pharmacological evaluation of the racemic cis and trans 3-alkylfentanyl analogues
Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. 69 (7): 511–26. (2004) doi:10.2298/JSC0407511

I want to add a caveat (be careful) regarding F synths in special and drug synths in general as they can be found in scientific articles. Guys, those people are not completely daft if if they are the publishers of the journals are not. You will not find a well working easy synthesis of drugs there even if it looks like it. Those articles (except those where special equipment or reagents are needed) are all booby-trapped with misinformation which is supposed to be obvious to other scientists but not to the person who just wants a recipe for cooking drugs. Well, in reality most of the other scientists don't see those traps but well, thats probably a second purpose.
Some examples:
The Leuckart and making Amphetamine with it is old, so very old but already in 1944 they just left this out or just lied about it really works in special about the hydrolysis step.
All the F synths staring with the piperidone which is reacted to NPP in one way or another, all talking 90% yield and up and everybody who tries it gets some hard resin instead? Thats done on purpose, it is obvious that piperidone if not protected will just react with itself as it has a ketone and an amine group. The only synths they mention with protected piperidone is the benzylated kind which needs Pd/C for deprotection. Also be aware that many Indian articles are just made up stuff to give them a reason to pretend they have a own synthetic pathway to certain drugs as thats whet they need to copy those by Indian patent law.
Super easy Ketamine synths from China. First the Chinese are exaggerating yields like nobody else, for some reason the just MUST do it. And they often publsih upscale methods, whats nice if they were not a little bit missing to really work. As those synths are worth real money in production its more advertisement where they say "we have something great - contact us to make a deal for the real optimized method". Often. Not always.
Ephedrine Biosynth from Sydney University Australia. Those guys even admitted in an interview that they designed their publications and patents in a way nobody without very special knowledge can make ephedrine using those. THey even boasted in an interview how they fooled somebody who contacted them for help in the matter and finally turned him in to the police but not before they made him start and get far enough to cop a really serious sentence. They were actually proud the assholes.

Goes on and on.

Just a reminder.
OrgUnikumMisleading papers to protect products are very common they know all the ways to fail and even disaster which they are not kind enough to provide the nerve

testint

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score

Some examples:

Goes on and on.

Just a reminder.
OrgUnikumRemember how they roasted David Nichols when the nbome came out he's forced to no longer publish

The_Real_Gus_Fring

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
WARNING: Fentanyl is extremely dangerous. Do NOT ATTEMPT this synthesis without naloxone present!
DISCLAIMER: This method does not produce high purify fentanyl (avg. is 13.6%, range 0.2% to 36.4%)

Fentanyl is a very powerful opioid, much more powerful than both morphine and heroin.
View attachment 13084

The procedure listed below is a one-pot synthesis. It is attractive to the clandestine chemist due to it's possibility to be done in 3 steps all at room temperature. The only caveat is the requirement of N₂ gas.

View attachment 13085

To a stirred suspension of 4-piperidone hydrochloride (15.36 g, 0.1 mol) in dichloroethane (450 ml), triethylamine (27.87 ml, 0.2 mol) and phenylacetaldehyde (11.17 ml, 0.1 mol) were added and stirred for half an hour at room temperature under N2. Thereafter sodium triacetoxyborohydride (30 g, 0.14 mol) was added to the reaction mixture with continuous stirring. Reaction mixture was further stirred for 24 h. Aniline (9.12 ml, 0.1 mol), acetic acid (11.53 ml, 0.2 mol) and sodium triacetoxyborohydride (30 g, 0.14 mol) were then added and again stirred for 24 h. Propionyl chloride (26.16 ml, 0.3 mol) was then added dropwise and the mixture was stirred for 2 h. The reaction mixture was then diluted with dichloromethane and washed with 4% aqueous sodium hydroxide solution followed by water. The organic phase was then shaken with 2N HCl. The organic layer was separated and the aqueous layer was extracted with DCM. Combined organic phase was dried over sodium sulfate and concentrated to give crude HCl salt of fentanyl. Crude product was recrystallised with acetone to give white powder of fentanyl hydrochloride. The salt was treated with 20% NaOH to give fentanyl which was recrystallised from petroleum ether (60–80°)

m.p. 82–83 °C.

Literature
mp_What does the nitrogen gas do? Why is it nessecary? Can this be done without the gas?

BongMan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
View previous replies…

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
mate you are diverting this conversation in wrong way , first of all i am not dealer i am qualified chemist and did it for purpose and i made it 97-98 % pure and yes it was less pure around 60-70 % in synthesis but after purification once or twice we had 98 % pure i attached hplc report with date correction , if you are proper skilled and equipped you can do this in supervision of experienced chemist .
BongManOn the internet everybody can be anything he wants to be, not saying you are not a qualified chemist, like Sydney University qualified, well possible. Doesn't mean you have any idea what you are talking about, obviously not. Otherwise you would have addressed at least the easily fixed problems of this synth which are obvious from just looking at the molecules involved and reading the related Wikipedia articles.
Then you talk about purity. High purity can always be achieved as long there is any product which can be isolated. Mainly by column chromatography. But those who do this for the money do not purify anything at all. As it is hard to get anything isolated at all from this reaction as it is a ridiculous reaction scheme which MUST produce a lot of crap. Evil, polymere kind of crap. 1% to 10% of Fentanyl are in this crap. Extracting this is difficult. Solution: Don't extract at all but add some animal tranquilizer to compensate for the varying unknown amounts of maybe F in there and sell this as Tranq. And that is what people do. And that is why users are losing the fingers or toes or die. But look, this is not making and dealing drugs anymore, it is attempted or factual homicide.

BongMan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
On the internet everybody can be anything he wants to be, not saying you are not a qualified chemist, like Sydney University qualified, well possible. Doesn't mean you have any idea what you are talking about, obviously not. Otherwise you would have addressed at least the easily fixed problems of this synth which are obvious from just looking at the molecules involved and reading the related Wikipedia articles.
Then you talk about purity. High purity can always be achieved as long there is any product which can be isolated. Mainly by column chromatography. But those who do this for the money do not purify anything at all. As it is hard to get anything isolated at all from this reaction as it is a ridiculous reaction scheme which MUST produce a lot of crap. Evil, polymere kind of crap. 1% to 10% of Fentanyl are in this crap. Extracting this is difficult. Solution: Don't extract at all but add some animal tranquilizer to compensate for the varying unknown amounts of maybe F in there and sell this as Tranq. And that is what people do. And that is why users are losing the fingers or toes or die. But look, this is not making and dealing drugs anymore, it is attempted or factual homicide.
OrgUnikummate if you seen i did not discuss any method i just talking about purity if you cant get pure product it doesn't mean it can not be,if you read this one pot synthesis they also mentioned pure product means it should be near above 70 % , i didn't mention any purification solution because this synthesis should not attempt by those who are layman or they think they can handle this devil what ever purity they got it is ok for them because danger and risk increase with increased purity , but yes if any one wants and can convinced me ,they are not layman and aware with all risk and danger and safely handle this may be i will guide him to make purer stuff , and yes this reaction never get even 10 % pure stuff if any one get 5-7% he will be lucky .

Salvador

Don't buy from me
Reaction score

View attachment 13084

View attachment 13085

m.p. 82–83 °C.

Literature
mp_

Salvador

Don't buy from me
Reaction score

View attachment 13084

View attachment 13085

m.p. 82–83 °C.

Literature
mp_Hey, guys.
Can anyone explain this process clearly؟
What is the list of equipment needed for synthesis؟

I'd appreciate you helping.

BongMan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hey, guys.
Can anyone explain this process clearly؟
What is the list of equipment needed for synthesis؟

I'd appreciate you helping.
Salvadoryou really want to try this synthesis.

BongMan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Yes، I want to synthesize in the Gupta way. But I don't know much about it.
Salvadormate i will not recommend to do this stuff if you are not skilled and aware with handling lab stuffs , Gupta's method seems look promising and easy but aldehyde form water molecules when react with amine and that will prevent addition , you need reactor and proper inert environment to perform this reaction i will recommend use molecular sieve in first step .......good luck

testint

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
This compound is used for it crazy return on investment no one cares about anything else drug companies are switching to extreme low dose effective high profit compounds Quaaludes and mescaline come to mind why are they sober on the black market and nbomes we're super popular it's a financial decision

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect

• The BB Forum team is looking for cooperation:

• Traffic arbitrage specialists
    • Spammers
    • Advertising agencies
    • Bloggers/Vloggers
    • TOR sites directories
    • Creative people who can create viral content
    • Administrators of Telegram Channels and Groups

We will pay more for your traffic than our competitors! $0.1 per visitor!!!If you are interested in, write to the administrator.